Parenting. It’s one of the ultimate joys and one of the greatest challenges you go head-to-head with in life. But what happens when you come out of the closet as a gay parent? Especially when you come out as a gay, Italian, Catholic, gay parent.
Jay Forte, author, speaker and nationally ranked thought-leader takes a seat with us today in the Coming Out Lounge to share his journey as a gay father of three beautiful daughters. After 9 years of marriage, he woke up to the train wreck it had become to finally give himself and his daughters the gift of being authentically who he was. He finally summoned up the courage to take a stand and be himself, even after consulting numerous clergy with the question, “Do you think homosexuality is bad?” His answer to this and so much more as we chat, gay dad to gay dad about the joys of gay parenting and being your most authentic self.
- He broke the rules of study hard, get good grades, get a good job, get married
- Uncover the answer he got from several clergy when he asked “Is being gay wrong?”
- Beneath the script of what other’s think you should be is just an awesome person – go or straight
- What does his husband have that he doesn’t? The answer is pretty funny!
- Discover what he learned about being an adolescent and what he stopped caring about!
Connect With Jay
Jay Forte is a business and motivational speaker, certified family, Workplace, CEO and Life coach, author, adjunct professor and nationally ranked Thought Leader. He provides talent, strength-based and mindfulness tools to help people discover, develop and live what is best in them to achieve exceptional personal and professional results.
He is the author of Fire Up! Your Employees and The Greatness Zone – Know Yourself, Find Your Fit, Transform the World. He is the host of the weekly podcast for parents titled, Get Your Kids Ready for Life.
When not teaching, coaching professionals to find opportunities or helping today’s parents help get their kids ready for life, he writes, gardens and cooks (as any good Italian) in Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Connect With Jay On Social Media