Imagine looking at your child and that child telling you they can’t love you because your church told them it was either tell your parent you can’t condone their “lifestyle” or forego being baptized into the church. That’s exactly what the Mormon church ruled on November 5th with a new policy that bars children of gay married couples from being baptized in the faith until they turn 18, leave their parents’ home and disavow same-sex marriage or cohabitation.
Enter Sterling. Father of four beautiful children, recently out to his wife, a former Mormon who still clings to the foundations of his faith, committed Army doctor, and a man who is now married to his husband of less than one year. Sterling , his wife, his children, and his new husband are now caught right in the crossfire of the Mormon church’s ruling…leaving him no choice than to mourn the loss that his youngest son will not be able to baptized in the church.
Join Sterling on The Coming Out Lounge as we navigate first-hand the journey of being Mormon, gay, and a family man who truly want’s what is best for his children. It’s a heart wrenching story that will have you questioning, “What would I do if I was standing in his shoes?”
- From Football to Dancer…what’s the real story behind the story
- Find out what he fears most for his kids based on the Mormon Church’s ruling
- Learn what he wishes his children would be able to choose about faith
- Discover what being an apostate has done to his life
- His deep desire is still to be this