Before we dive into this weeks show, here’s a little bit of wisdom that I believe is one of the most important things to never forget on your the coming out journey.
Coming out to yourself is the first step.
As simple as that may seem, often, we forget to accept and embrace who we truly are after we admit to ourselves that we are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender. Why do I know this to be true? Because I’ve lived it.
And so has today’s guest. In fact, this ideology was so prevalent for him in his life that he wrote a wonderful book entitled, Coming Out To Ourselves: Admitting, Accepting, and Embracing Who we Truly Are.
It took a journey of being laid off, dealing with his husband’s crystal meth addiction, to shake it out of him, but thankfully, Rev. Jerry Troyer found it in himself to see the path to deeper self-love and spirituality that worked for him and birthed his book. You’re in for a real treat today as we explore telling our truth to ourselves, coming to terms with higher powers, and exploring religion and spirituality.
- Even when coming out, we really do create our own experience.
- Think what is in your best interest, so that it is reflected in your life.
- Admitting is the first step when we surrender to – I just can’t do this any longer!
- One of the first steps is to heal the residue of the church or religion that raised you.
- Best advice – You deserve to be who you are!
Connect With Jerry