As of today, there are 19 states where gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders have workplace protections in place that prevent them from being fired based on their sexual orientation, and gender identity. There are an additional three states, that protect gays and lesbians, but not transgenders. Do you get the picture? If not, here’s the numbers…
62% of our states, here in the United States of America, hold complete disregard for the well-being of their employees in the workplace simply because we’re different from the rest of society. Simply because we don’t fit the mold. Simply because someone somewhere said…”This isn’t right and you can’t be this!” Which then begs the question…”Should I be out or in at work?”
To help us sort through this huge question is Jenn T. Grace…the professional lesbian. She’s a pretty smart gal who teaches straight people how to market to gay people and gay people how to market themselves, which is why I think she’s the perfect person to bring on to the podcast to talk about coming out at work…or not. After all it’s all a marketing job, no matter how you look at it.
- The hatred was so strong, she just didn’t feel safe…
- Make peace with yourself (that’s all that matters)
- The LGBTQ community has to stop judging each other’s coming out stories
- Does not wanting to come out at work mean you’re less gay?
- Discover the one thing that will stunt our progress on the coming out journey
Connect with Jenn T. Grace